- Describe a major change that occurred in a job that you held. How did you adapt to this change?
- Tell us about a situation in which you had to adjust to changes over which you had no control. How did you handle it?
- Tell us about a time that you had to adapt to a difficult situation.
Communication strengths and weaknesses
- Describe a situation when you were able to strengthen a relationship by communicating effectively. What made your communication effective?
- Describe a situation where you felt you had not communicated well. How did you correct the situation?
- Describe a time when you were able to effectively communicate a difficult or unpleasant idea to a superior.
- Give me an example of a time when you were able to successfully communicate with another person, even when that individual may not have personally liked you, or vice versa.
- How do you go about explaining a complex technical problem to a person who does not understand technical jargon? What approach do you take in communicating with people?
- Tell us about a time when you had to present complex information. How did you ensure that the other person understood?
- Tell us about an experience in which you had to speak up in order to be sure that other people knew what you thought or felt.
Detail-Oriented (vs. Big-Picture)
- Describe a situation where you had the option to leave the details to others or you could take care of them yourself.
- Do prefer to work with the “big picture” or the “details” of a situation? Give me an example of an experience that illustrates your preference.
- Tell us about a time that you successfully adapted to a culturally different environment.
- Tell us about a time when you had to adapt to a wide variety of people by accepting/understanding their perspective.
- Tell us about a time when you made an intentional effort to get to know someone from another culture.
- Give me an example of when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.
- Give me examples of projects/tasks you started on your own.
- Describe a situation in which you were able to positively influence the actions of others in a desired direction.
- Describe a situation where you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.
- Have you ever had to persuade a peer or manager to accept an idea that you knew they would not like? Describe the resistance you met and how you overcame it.
- Describe the most difficult working relationship you’ve had with an individual. What specific actions did you take to improve the relationship? What was the outcome?
- Give me an example of a situation where you had difficulties with a team member. What, if anything, did you do to resolve the difficulties?
Complete List of Behavioral Interview Questions: