Contact Vince

See http://vinceprep.com for information about Vince's services.

I provide the most intensive, effective MBA interview preparation service in the world. My interview coaching clients get results because I help them figure out what to say (logical content), and how to say it (impressive delivery).

LOGICAL CONTENT
I teach some of the world's top engineers and scientists at The University of Tokyo how to present their ideas on paper and in person.

IMPRESSIVE DELIVERY
I am a professional stage actor who has performed with The American Shakespeare Center.
At Stanford, I studied improv theatre with Patricia Ryan Madson, who has taught everyone from college students to Silicon Valley executives from companies like Google how to tell believable stories.

I provide one-hour mock interview sessions with feedback. I also provide extended multi-hour training. We begin with an initial diagnostic mock interview, which helps me determine your strengths and weaknesses. In subsequent sessions, we can work on strategy, answer modeling, and mock interviewing.

For Vince's latest tips, plus service details, please go here. Then, please contact Vince when you are ready to start your preparation.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Surprise me

FINAL Topic:
 
Sometimes the interviewer will say, "Anything else?” This is your chance to tell share one of your selling points that you have not already covered. Depending on what you have (and have NOT) been talking about already, you may want to tell them something about your academic, personal or professional background. Or, if you feel they are not fully convinced that their school is indeed your top choice and you have one more great reason you failed to mention previously, this could be the time to tell them.
  • What else should the admissions committee know about you?
  • Have I asked you everything? What question did I miss that you wish I had asked?
  • What do you want to discuss that we haven't covered already?
  • What else would you like to say in support of your candidacy?
TIP: Think of this as the encore at a musical concert. Pick a story that will leave your interviewer with a strong impression about you. You need to give them that last piece (or "greatest hit") that they came expecting to hear but have not heard yet. You have to think on your feet! We will cover some strategies to help you prepare to handle this situation with poise and professionalism.
NOTE: Be sure you give your answer proper context. Why you are telling them what you are telling them?
Also, be sure to chose a topic that is different from other areas you already covered. Remember MECE: http://delicious.com/admissions/mece
FINAL NOTE: If you cannot think of anything new to add, it might be acceptable to say something like, "Nothing immediately comes to mind. We had the opportunity to discuss my strengths and areas for development, which is what any prepared candidate could ask for. I’d like to re-emphasize how much I’ve grown as a result of the process and I feel confident that this school will be a great fit for me."    
--
END

Top of blog